I graduated in November 2018 from The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and I loved it every minute of it.
When I enrolled I was a stay-at-home mum and breastfeeding my 9 month old baby and this transition into motherhood was a turning point for me to turn my passion for health and wellness into a career.
Prior to enrolling into IIN, I had been researching a couple of courses, I looked into counselling, naturopathy and life coaching but something about IIN really resonated with me.
About a decade ago I studied with the Australasian College of Natural Therapies to study Nutritional Medicine but didn’t complete it due to lifestyle circumstances at the time.
So when I happen to come across a friend who had studied with IIN, I reached out and everything she shared with me, I just knew it was exactly what I was looking for. That’s why I believe it’s so important to be able to talk to someone who has gone through it, especially in Australia when health coaching is in it’s infancy.
When I look back, I don’t know how I was able to run my online wellness and consulting business, function as a co-sleeping and breastfeeding mama and still manage to fit in my study.
It really came down to the fact that studying with IIN felt so aligned with what I wanted to do with my future. So instead of feeling tired at the end of the day, I was excited to be studying between naps and from the hours of 9pm to midnight!
What is the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN)
IIN is the world’s largest nutrition school that offers a year-long online program designed for people who are passionate about health and wellness.
Perhaps you just want to study for your own personal benefits, launch a new career or adding it to your existing business in health and fitness.
Below you can download a sample class:
What is a health coach?
Firstly, Health Coaches do not replace the role of a GP, Psychologist, Nutritionist, Dietitian or any other allied health professional.
The same way a Fitness Personal Trainer can work in partnership with a Physiotherapist, is the same as a Health Coach can work closely with GPs, specialists and other allied health professionals to support clients in their journey to build healthy new habits and create sustainable dietary and lifestyle changes.
Whilst studying, I developed a strong understanding of many dietary theories however this is considered secondary in our training, primarily we focus on the food that nourishes the soul such as things like fulfillment in relationships, career, exercise, spirituality and home environment to name a few and how this has an impact on our health.
Our lifestyle choices are interrelated to our food choices.
I’ve heard some Health Coaches say they are like Life Coaches with an emphasis on food, self-care and healthy living.
The mission of the school is to “play a crucial role in improving health and happiness, and through that process, create a ripple effect that transforms the world.”
What I loved about the health coaching training program
- It’s a 1-year program that’s delivered entirely through an impressive online learning platform where you can study from your phone, pretty useful when I had to maximise my time like breastfeeding or trips to the grocery store
- They have a coaching circle where you get to speak to a Mentor and other students to delve into more what you’re learning and putting it into practice
- They have a Facebook Group dedicated to all the students that are studying the same time as you, so you can connect with students in your country and abroad
- You’ll learn over 100 dietary theories as well as business skills and coaching training
- The school teaches you how to work with clients one-on-one, run group programs and hold workshops
- IIN covers cutting-edge, modern, traditional, and holistic nutrition concepts you won’t find in a traditional nutrition program
- You’ll fall in love with it’s founder Joshua Rosenthal, hubby called him my boyfriend because I talked about him so much
- IIN has a global community of over 100,000 students and graduates from over 150 countries and provides ongoing training and support
Sharing the love
Graduating from IIN was a turning point in my life. I had already had years of experience running workshops and coaching people 1:1 in my corporate career and online wellness business and doing this course was the next piece of the puzzle.
I get questions all of the time about my journey as a health coach, I love sharing information about the program with anyone else who might benefit from it and created this post specifically to answer the most frequent questions I get.
This may or may not be for you but if you’re curious about starting your journey? I’ll be in touch to answer any specific questions and I can share exactly how much you can save through me. Click here to chat!
As an IIN Ambassador, I received a small commission for every person who signs up and mentions that I have referred them. I choose to be an Ambassador because I had such an amazing experience and it has changed my life!
Ready to enrol?
Call (844) 780-3300 (US) 212-730-5433 (International) to speak with an admissions advisor, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Be sure to mention “Merly Hartnett” as your referrer to get you savings and bonuses!